Monday 10 December 2007

If in doubt re-boot!

I've just bought a Blackberry. Well, I had to as I feel rather left out sitting in First Class on the train surrounded by Crackberry fiends getting high on the latest stuff to hit their Outlook inbox.

As luck would have it, my phone contract's just expired so somehow I've got a free device and lots more minutes, all for no more than I was paying before. Of course O2 managed to cock up the contract and managed to sell me a bundle that didn't include email access.

Then, when it was sorted, I still couldn't get the ruddy thing to pick up GPRS. The helpful girl at O2 suggested cancelling the contract and trying elsewhere. The Blackberry website technical area suggested something more basic. Re-boot the machine. This worked!

So, even when faced with shiny new technology it seems that the best way to get it to work is to pull out the battery and re-boot it when confronted with what seems to be an insurmountable technical conundrum.

If only people could be re-booted in the same way

No comments: