Saturday 24 January 2009

Do cyclists shout at you to help them pedal faster?

Cooling down after a nice run I was walking back along the road near my home when a passing cyclist shouted, 'get out of the road'. He had all the gear on, including one of those rather silly streamlined helmets.

Alas he didn't stop to offer more specific advice about where he felt I should be walking. My choice was simple. An overgrown verge, complete with dangling brambles, long grass and hidden holes, or the road. I chose the road. There's no footpath.

So whose road is it I wonder? He cycles on it, I run on it and I suspect we both drive on it too. Next time I seee him I'll shout back and run after him. Then we'll see!

Do people try to tell you what to do? Do you listen to them or ignore their advice?

No comments: