Thursday 1 November 2007

Do I really want to be a skinless wonder?

I was amused to see the Independent this week quoting me in a recent article about German anatomist Gunther von Hagens. It's now several years since I visited his Bodyworlds exhibition and was so impressed I decided to volunteer. I then visited his factory in China (by invitation and very much alive) to see how the bodies are prepared.

For the Independent on Sunday I described by decision to donate my body thus: "No rotting in the ground for me, or quick release as a puff of smoke from some crematorium chimney. I wanted to be here with the other exhibits – skinned, posed and proud."

We do get hung up about death which by all accounts is something you don't recover from in any way shape or form. Why not be recycled after you die into something of lasting use?

Join me, sometime in the future here!

No comments: